Valley College Pace 1 Home Learning Tasks
Please try to complete some tasks while you are at home to support your learners independence
Learning around Valley College is based around Preparation for Adulthood, Citizenship and Employment (P.A.C.E.) With this in mind we want you to practise independence skills with your learner within your home environment.
Advocate/ Learner Note: Sometimes it is useful to have visual prompts to help learners with tasks. I have included links to appropriate websites which may help with each task.
Here are some examples:
- Make a hot chocolate
- Make your lunch
- Make your bed
- Hang up your clothes
- Sorting clothes into lights and darks
- Ironing (with support)
- Washing clothes
- Washing up and drying up
- Set up shop – practice purchasing items in your house using real life money!
- Setting the table
- Sweeping / hoovering
- Learn to use the microwave / toaster
- Learn how to get dressed independently
- Practice telling the time as accurately as you can!
- Make a shopping list.
- Learn your address and important phone numbers
- Feel free to write or draw a diary of your time at home during this period
Useful websites to support learning
TES – type “symbolised recipes” into the search bar to find lots of recipes in an accessible format.
If you need any support, please feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will reply as soon as possible!
If you would also like to email any pictures of your learner or any brief details of what they have been upto so we can make a resource when we get back to college.
I would be really grateful.